Experience Sheffield Scholarships
Applications are currently invited for the Experience Scholarship Program which is awarded to Individuals who are willing to acquire a degree program at University Of Sheffield – UK.
This scholarship program is entirely funded by donations from alumni (former students) and friends of the University from around the world.
150 Experience Sheffield Scholarships are available for undergraduate students. Scholarships are available to home/EU students.
The University of Sheffield awards is entirely funded by donations from alumni (former students) and friends of the University from around the world. EU students who meet all of the criteria listed above are welcome to apply for an Experience Sheffield Scholarship
Application Deadline: March 29, 2019
Eligible Countries: Home/EU
Value Of Scholarships: Scholarship worth £3,600 each.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this program, applicants must:
- Have a household income of £50,000 or less.
- Have Received an academic offer to study a full-time, undergraduate course at the University of Sheffield starting in September 2019.
- Be able to pay the home rate of fees.
When assessing your application we will also take into account the following widening participation criteria:
- Have you entered the University through one of our outreach schemes?
- Have you come from a school/college that is performing below the UK’s national average?
- Are you the first person in your immediate family to go to university (other than siblings)?
- Have you been in care as a looked-after child for at least 13 weeks since the age of 14?
- Do you have a disability?
- Are you a carer for an ill or disabled family member?
- Are you from a black, Asian and minority ethnic group?
- Are you a female applying for a course in the Department of Economics or Faculty of Engineering?
- Are you a male applying for a course in the in the School of Nursing and Midwifery; Department of Human Communication Sciences; Department of Psychology; Department of Sociological Studies; the School of English, Department of Oncology and Metabolism or the School of Education.
- Do you come from one of the most deprived areas of the country as defined by the government’s Indices of Multiple Deprivation (IMD) database? If your postcode IMD value is 16,250 or less, you meet this criteria. Please note this map covers England only.
- Do you come from an area where it is not usual for people to go to university? This is defined by the government’s classification called Polar 3. To meet this criteria your address must fall into quintile 1 or 2. Please note this information only covers the UK.
To check your eligibility for the two postcode criteria above, please use the postcode lookup tool. We’ll use the home address you used on your UCAS form when you applied for your course.
If your application is successful, you will be required to provide a copy of your Student Finance Entitlement letter from Student Finance, showing that you meet the relevant loan eligibility.
If you are an EU student and you are not eligible to receive a maintenance loan from Student Finance please contact the Financial Support Team (contact details below) to discuss the evidence you will need to provide.
A selection panel consisting of senior academic and professional services staff will consider your scholarship application. When making their decision, the panel member will take into consideration the widening participation criteria you meet and also give regard to the following:
- Has the applicant provided a clear rationale for applying for an undergraduate course at the University of Sheffield?
- Has the applicant identified clearly how the scholarship will be beneficial to their student experience?
- Has the applicant clearly articulated future ambitions? These goals relate to the undergraduate course they have applied for, and they involve appropriate and credible contribution from which others will benefit.
- Has the applicant had to overcome exceptional circumstances?
About funding for the Experience Sheffield Scholarships
How To Apply: If you receive an offer from the University you will be invited to apply for this scholarship